Some interesting notes.
- I Believe was originally intended for Moritz’s funeral before it was cut and reinstated as the underscore for the hayloft scene.
- The Word of Your Body was originally written for the boys before giving it to Melchior and Wendla too.
- The Word of Your Body was at one point considered by Michael Mayer to be a subtitle for the show. (Good thing it wasn’t.)
- The Song of Purple Summer’s opening lines were rewritten and taught to Lauren Pritchard an hour before the last preview of the show before it was frozen.
- There are a few photos of the Second National Tour Cast in the middle which was a nice bonus.
On a whole, it was an interesting read, but I think there could have been more especially on some of the original lyrics and why they were changed. (ex. Touch Me, Mirror-Blue Night) There are a lot of references to classical material which I am a huge fan of. This definitely helps shed some new light on the show and is a must read for all the guilty ones out there.
- cantbreakoutofcara likes this
- dragtime likes this
- geniusbutafreak reblogged this from michaelwasinthefinale
- michaelwasinthefinale reblogged this from xxbluemoonxx and added:
- martinfreeman likes this
- springawakeninglove reblogged this from xxbluemoonxx
- springawakeninglove likes this
- xxbluemoonxx posted this